Fatima's Grooming Spa - Fatima Beaulieu

Categories

grooming
matting
powered by

My Blog

Matted Dog?

This is a case of severe matting that needed to be shaved.Happy Tails Spa has quite the variation of animals. FromGreat Danes to Chihuahuas, our client list varies in size, breeds, and coattype. Most dog breeds can be kept looking neat and tangle-free with only aquick brushing a couple of times a week. But in some cases, with mostlylong-haired breeds, if their coat isn’t frequently brushed, it can becomematted.
     A mat usually starts off as a tangle in the dog’s fur. As time goes on, if the tangle isn’t removed, it can retain dirt and debris and forms clumps of matted fur on the dogs coat. These mats pull at the skin and can even cause sores and wounds on your pet’s body. Most people, when they think their dog is looking a little unkempt and dirty, will likely resort togiving the dog a bath. The issue with bathing a dog before removing little tangles and mats is that the knotted fur tightens once the wet dog hair is dried. If they tighten, they become more difficult and more painful to remove.
     The best solution to matting is prevention. Take the time, even if it’s only a couple of minutes a day, to brush out your dog’s fur. Using a good brush, target the problem areas such as behind the ears, inside the elbows, around the privates and rear of the dog, and around their neck. Go over the whole dog with a fine-tooth comb to make sure it’s tangle free.
     If, for any reason, your dog does become severely matted, the best solution is to have it shaved by a professional, as shown in the photo above. De-matting, though it is offered by many dog groomers, can be very painful because the only option to remove mats is using a variety of tools that pull and break the mat. Shaving eliminates the mats by using professional clippers that shave underneath the mat and close to the skin. It takes less time and is easier on your pet’s body.
     So just remember, if you do decide to own a pet, especially one with longer hair, it requires more time and responsibility. If you do not have the time to groom your pet, make sure you take it frequently to get professionally groomed to prevent mats and further issues with your pet’s fur. HappyTails Spa offers a Bath and Brush package that helps keep your pet’s fur in better condition in between grooming sessions, for a fraction of the price. It includes a bath with two shampoos and conditioner, anal gland expression, free tooth brushing, thorough fur brushing and de-tangling, and free nail trimming and grinding.
Keep Wagging,
Happy Tails Spa
509-736-6616

41 Comments to Matted Dog?:

Comments RSS
goa resorts packages on Monday, August 12, 2013 1:36 AM
I fully appreciate your site post. Your post offered me some amazing information and creativity that I was looking for to enhance my content. Thank you really for helping me by answering my few problems whose solutions I was looking for such a long time.

weekend packages near delhi on Monday, August 12, 2013 1:38 AM
I am impressed, I need to say. Actually not often do I encounter a weblog that is both educative and entertaining, and let me let you know, you’ve hit the nail on the head. Your thought is excellent; but the issue is that not so many people speak intelligently about it. I am very blissful that I stumbled throughout this in my endeavor to find a relevant content on this topic.

weekend tour packages from delhi on Monday, August 12, 2013 1:38 AM
Nice to see the great write up on your site yet again! I was looking for qualitative information on this subject and after waiting for so long I found something relevant. I had to make an assignment to submit in the college, and your write ups contain exact topics that I needed. Many Thanks for such a great job!

agra and delhi tour packages on Monday, August 12, 2013 1:39 AM
Woah! I’m really impressed with the template/theme of this blog. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s hard to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appeal. I must say you’ve done a superb job with this. Additionally, the blog loads super fast for me on Safari. Superb Blog!

Pharmacy Supplier on Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:58 AM
It's really pleasure to read your post. Thank you so much for writing such a nice post.

Web Design Service on Thursday, October 03, 2013 2:48 AM
Thank you very much for you can share your post,the article content written very well,extremely is worth my study.

Way of Shaping Eyebrows on Monday, October 28, 2013 5:06 AM
Aw, this was a really nice post. In thought I wish to put in writing like this additionally ?taking time and precise effort to make a very good article?but what can I say?I procrastinate alot and on no account appear to get one thing done.

Toenail Clippers for the Elderly on Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:27 PM
Once again feeling happy and proud to say that this is my favorite Blog. The postings are very unique and also outstanding performance with the new creativity and Excellency with the new different ideas and concepts. Really I am waiting for some more new posts from you. Keep up your excellency and efficiency in this same levels.

Isreal Duplechin on Sunday, November 03, 2013 11:45 PM
the feedback not to mention review articles of

online pet store with offers on Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:28 PM
Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog. An excellent read. I will definitely be back.!!!

click here on Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:49 AM
Thanks for choosing this topic to write on. This post is of considerable use for me and my friends. Great experience has been shared with us. Thanks for this post. !!!

marcodirectory.biz.pl on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:23 PM
no minor expense?

Karla Tolrud on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:22 PM
Just took my cairn terrier to be groomed by Gaby. Gaby groomed Mac, she is very professional. This by far is the best grooming Mac has ever had done. Thank you Happy Tails Spa.

link on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:06 PM
about various aspects?

My Blog on Wednesday, July 16, 2014 2:03 AM
equipment in addition to insides design?

Hohepunkt Sportwetten on Saturday, July 26, 2014 1:25 AM
ueber meisten Wettern. Go To This Website Darueber , es kann sein viele unterschiedlichen Arten von Wetten bei jedem jeder einzelne Sportwetten, und sie sie in der Regel weitgehend hauptsaechlich ueberwinden Rechts Herausforderungen inklusive mit allen ?? uebung beobachten.

Gabriel on Friday, August 08, 2014 6:23 AM
speed in the process?

Tomas on Friday, August 08, 2014 8:52 AM
interior finishing?

Browse Around These Guys on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:49 PM
Die exakt gleiche ist echt fuer Sport Wetten. Net den Job zu erledigen gross fuer jedermann Betroffene wie sie Arbeit weit Kosten effektiv als wuerden sie , sie wuerden fuer a land-based Casino Online-Casino-Sportwetten.

live on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 7:29 AM
Aber, wenn die bei den Erloes, youre garantiert zu kommen aus zumindest $ 90 vorher und jeden Zusaetzlich Woche traegt auf , Sie hinzufuegen weiteres zum auf Ihre Gewinne.Oh, sie sagte behauptet .

fussball on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 1:36 PM
1. aus, ueberpruefen Ruf von Sportwetten und sehen beschaeftigen ihre Schulden .Die Gleichung Beduerfnis und bieten is das Prinzip Ausloeser Unternehmen Erfolge in jedem Marktplatz .

Click For More Info on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:36 PM
Ihre Hingabe Bestimmung bis Kundenbetreuung, wachsenden die Menge der Wettern Gewinne und schnelle Auszahlungen hat vorgestellt echt Dollar a Name gute Qualitaet und Gross Beratung . Sie finden jetzt Hunderte von im Web Wetten von Tausenden um die Welt - und as a ein Ergebnis sein , diese Art viel mehr gemeinsame on line als je jederzeit offline war.

telicando marafecco on Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:19 PM
Also warum Wie kommen Menschen heute immer staendig | gehen zusammen mit | zusammen mit gehen | mit zu gehen waehlen was sie .Der Bonus funktioniert von Ihnen hinzugefuegt Bargeld in die Ihnen hilft, Ihren erhalten Zunahme Gesamt .

Paulette Mandujano on Thursday, October 01, 2015 9:23 AM
if you select to?

Blanch Amen on Thursday, October 01, 2015 11:38 AM
the arrangement of the stairs?

Kenton Hardyman on Friday, October 02, 2015 4:57 AM
The utilization of professional?

Asa Vallon on Friday, October 02, 2015 5:16 AM
If any guys r finding good?

Malik Raby on Friday, October 02, 2015 11:25 AM
Doors to order?

Dodie Bowdler on Friday, October 02, 2015 8:21 PM
potential burglar additionally, the interior?

Cherish Archibeque on Saturday, October 03, 2015 9:43 PM
hundreds, or 1000's, from solutions?

Amparo Gertel on Saturday, October 03, 2015 10:59 PM
will swipe stuff on the inside?

Rafaela Conole on Sunday, October 04, 2015 7:06 AM
reviewed brand?

Jamaal Hamel on Sunday, October 04, 2015 8:33 AM
ask awkward questions?

Roseanne Busick on Monday, October 05, 2015 9:18 AM
to be prepared to independently?

Judson Caul on Monday, October 05, 2015 1:26 PM
Few people today appreciate?

Joshua Yorty on Monday, October 05, 2015 3:18 PM
that can help you not?

Kyle Bost on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 5:47 AM
shelf hanging on the?

Bao Decristofaro on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 12:37 PM
be an excess of supplements?

Landon Pill on Friday, November 13, 2015 7:25 AM
Good doors are actually not?

Mara on Thursday, December 31, 2015 1:02 PM
I have been taking my dog here for over three years! they are no doubt the best in the area! I give them two thumbs up and recommend to everyone

http://www.essay-writing.co.uk/ on Monday, June 27, 2016 2:22 AM
Our reputation depends on the satisfaction of customers. We appreciate your feedback as it motivates us to improve and provide our services in the best possible way.